In another sign that our region is emerging from the pandemic, King County Local Services is excited to announce the return of our regular community office hours in the unincorporated areas!
This popular program provides local, in-person help by one or more of our staff members who can connect you with county services and information – all of which are regularly scheduled in your communities. Local Services is partnering with local libraries, a local senior center, and a homeowner’s association to increase access to government services in the unincorporated areas.
Local Services introduced this approach in 2019. Replaced with Friday lunch hour Zoom meetings during the pandemic, the program makes its return more than two years after being postponed indefinitely because of in-person meeting restrictions created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Residents of unincorporated King County can attend a regularly scheduled community office hours session in their communities and get help with anything related to their local government. Help topics include everything from questions about Permitting and MyBuildingPermit.com, to Roads’ maintenance requests and questions about traffic safety, to Community Service Area programs and anything else related to Local Services. And if residents have questions that involve other King County departments, staff will work to connect them with the proper contact.
“We are so pleased to bring community office hours back,” says Local Services External Relations Manager David Daw. “Throughout the pandemic, we heard from countless residents about how much they missed the convenience and connection that came with having one of our team members in their communities every week. We know how truly significant it is to maintain a presence in the communities we serve.”
Local Services worked with community partners to align our office hours with their hours of operation, staff availability, area need and other factors. Below is the full list of community office hours, including times, days and location (they also can be found on our website):
Black Diamond Library (24707 Roberts Drive)
- 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m., every first and third Tuesday of the month
East Federal Way Senior Center (Senior Center 4016 S 352nd St., Auburn)
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., every Thursday
Enumclaw Library (1700 1st Street)
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., every first, third and fourth Thursday of the month
Fairwood Library (17009 140th Avenue SE)
- 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m., every Wednesday
Fall City Library (33415 SE 42nd Place)
- 1 p.m.-5 p.m., every Tuesday
- 1 p.m.-4 p.m., every first and third Thursday of the month (featuring Economic Development staff)
Maple Valley Library (21844 SE 248th Street)
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., every second Thursday of the month
Redmond Ridge ROA (10735 Cedar Park Crescent NE)
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., every first and third Thursday of the month
Renton Highlands Library (2801 NE 10th Street)
- 4 p.m.-6 p.m., every second Wednesday of the month
Skyway Library (12601 76th Avenue South)
- 1 p.m.-4 p.m., every second Tuesday of the month (featuring Economic Development staff)
- 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m., every fourth Tuesday of the month (featuring Economic Development staff)
- 1 p.m.-6 p.m., every Wednesday of the month
Vashon Island Chamber of Commerce (17141 Vashon Highway SW)
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., every Tuesday
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., every second and fourth Wednesday of the month (featuring Economic Development staff)
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., every third Thursday of the month (featuring Permitting staff)
White Center Library (1409 SW 107th Street)
- 1 p.m.-4 p.m., every first and third Tuesday of the month (featuring Economic Development staff)
- 2 p.m.-5 p.m., every Thursday
Woodinville Library (17105 Avondale Road NE)
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., every second and fourth Thursday of the month
NOTE: Local Services makes every effort to meet its published schedule, but there may be occasional changes due to staff availability. To confirm a specific day or time, send email to AskLocalServices@kingcounty.gov or call 206-477-3800.